11111

Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday

Yay for Friday! 

Linking up with NatashaDarciChristina and April for a little Friday fun! Let's get to it!
{ONE}
We have been sticking to our goal and cooking lots! Two of our favorite meals this week...


Salmon is so delicious. We just put it in foil with some lemon, salt and pepper at 400 degrees for 20 min and voila! Then I serve with corn on the cob (cause we love it, you could do brown rice!) and broccoli. And then we also really liked Lettuce Burgers this week. Just normal burgers (lean meat) with  veggies, avocado and sauces. And if your Rob, a fried egg for a little kick. He loves it!

{TWO}
The planning has started! At the end of the season (before we head back to the states for a few months) we are headed on an Italian adventure! This is probably the trip I am most excited for. Gelato, pasta, beaches, beautiful history...what more could you ask for?! We are very excited and grateful for the opportunity. It is about 8 hours away from us...8 hours. That is basically nothing for a roadtrip in Texas:)


{THREE}
It has been a little bit of a tough week here. It's just been one of those weeks. I won't bore you with the details but you know just a crazy week. Robert and I are clinging to this beautiful verse...

 via

{FOUR}
I got this journal for Robert for his birthday back in August and we have had the best time with it! Every day you have a little space to share a snippet of your day and you do it for 5 years. So each year you can see what you did on that day the years before. We have really enjoyed this and know we will even more in the years to come. It would be a wonderful Valentines gift!



{FIVE}
Robert planned our date night last week and it was so fun! We had breakfast for dinner and he made a mini golf game for the apartment! It was a blast. So need an at home date idea? There ya go! He used cardboard to make the hole, ropes for the course and a broom for the putter! It really was one of the best dates ever (and very inexpensive!).


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Our weekend will consist of basketball, relaxing and some superbowl fun! Have a great day friends, so glad you stopped by!


Follow me on: 

SIGNATURE

20 comments:

  1. You will love Italy! We went to Rome for our honeymoon and had the best time! We did an Italian cooking class with Fabiolous Cooking Day. Best. Idea. Ever.

    Caitlin C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the One Line A Day journal! I hope you have a great time in Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini golf idea is so cute!! Totally excited for your Italy trip!! Thanks again for the insight on Paris, hopefully I'll be able to return the favor and share some for Italy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous you are planning a trip to Italy! That sounds wonderful! And I pinned that verse, I love it! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this post!! I'm so excited for you -- for all the adventures you've enjoyed/will enjoy while in Europe!! Italy, just 8 hours away?! *happy sigh!* ... I will be praying for you!! Praise God that He has blessed us with His unchanging Word to cling to, and that we can rest in knowing that in His Sovereignty He works all things together for our good and His glory! ... Love the One Line a Day!! Need to get one of those! Such a neat idea!! ....and speaking of ideas! LOVE that date night!! SO fun and creative!! Your post made my heart happy! Thanks for sharing ...again, I'm so glad to have "met" you and your sweet blog, Bailley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mini at home date!! So cute! And yay for an Italian adventure! That is definitely on my bucket list :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetest date night ever!!!! Heart y'all! Bless the cuteness and sweetness!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apartment putt-putt...what a cute idea!!! And I love that bible verse, hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the beautiful quote reminder! Its been one of those weeks here too! Hope next week is better and you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is exactly how we bake salmon too! LOVE IT! Always delicious and guilt free :) That date night looks so cute! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Homemade mini-golf!!! That is amazing! How sweet, how creative, how fun. I love everything about it =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. just stumbled across your blog, and you two are adorable! excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just started blogging, and found your blog. It's wonderful! I'm excited to watch your journey. I love the homemade golf. It looks like you two are creative and know how to make life fun. I love it!

    http://jenuinehappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEST date night ever!!! And I am very jealous of your lonely planet adventures.

    Have a wonderful weekend, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That little date your husband planned is so perfectly cute! And you cook salmon the exact same way that I do--I don't actually like fish much, but I eat it because I know it's good for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW I love that indoor mini-golf set up!! What a fantastic idea! My hubby would love that so I'm definitely going to set it up sometime!! (I also love breakfast for supper :D)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute date night! I love that he planned something unique and fun :) Plus the journal is so cool! I've seen it before but I might just have to get it now

    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so jealous of your Italian adventure!! I wish that we explored more of Europe when we were over there ... fingers crossed that we get the chance to again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much to say! Jealous about Italy! Loving the Journal and may have to steal the indoor mini golf game! Thanks for posting on my blog! Look forward to more of your entries!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!