11111

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I Will Give Thanks

I just got off the phone with my mama and they are preparing to go to my Gigi's for Thanksgiving. They will celebrate with my whole family and man that puts a longing in my heart!

It is so difficult for me to miss out on quality time with my loved ones. Family is such an important part in Rob's and my life and we hate to miss these precious moments.

But now, as I sit in our little living room with our lit up Christmas tree, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. Even though we are missing out on sweet moments back home, I am at full peace with God's plan for us. And right now his plan is for us to be here in Poland, together and to make some perfectly sweet memories as a married couple. I am so grateful.

We are learning more than we ever thought possible through this little journey of ours.

We are learning to cherish this rare opportunity in a new culture,  to treasure the abundance of time we get to spend together and  to give thanks in all circumstances.

Even, when curve balls are being thrown our way and things are not going quite like we hoped (which is so often in life!)...we are learning to be grateful and find hope in a greater plan. Thank you Jesus, for being our hope.

So as Thanksgiving approaches, it reminds me to sit and be still. I reflect on all the good and let it overcome any bad, because I have so much to be thankful for. Robert, our health, our families and friends, food on our table and the opportunity to live life with my precious husband...are just a few that I let fill my heart.

http://shereadstruth.com/2014/11/23/weekly-truth-31/

I hope you each have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And thank you for reading my little posts. Enjoy these next few days of family, fun and time off!

Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Now go enjoy all the turkey and dressing your heart desires!

Wednesday's Words
SIGNATURE

6 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written! It's so true that even when we go through challenging times, we still have so much to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the sentiments you expressed in this post today! It's hard to be thankful when things don't go "as planned" sometimes, but I love your perspective. The highlighted line is an amazing one.
    Happy thanksgiving to you, friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being away for my first Thanksgiving when I was abroad... and it was so much harder than I expected... but love on your Husband. Celebrate in your own way. Take time to visit with your family. Make comfort food at home. (Yes. Let me tell you about walking the aisles of a tiny grocery store with a dictionary trying to get all the things to make a pie that I had never eaten in my life... but sounded like a good idea at the time...) xoxo sweet girl!! What an adventure you all are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you while you're away from family over the holidays! That has to be hard but you are right - this is such a special time for you and Robert to make some REALLY amazing memories :) Happy Thanksgiving girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that print! It is currently my phone background :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!