11111

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

At Home Date Night {Christmas Edition}

Yesterday, Robert and I decided we needed an official date night. For us, without kids, every night could be considered date night BUT we decided to be very intentional about it and make it a special night. So we turned a boring old Monday into festive and fun...into a Christmas Date Night!


And it was a blast.

This date night is aimed to be festive, require minimal work and to have a focus on just being together. So what does this at home Christmas date consist of??

First, a meal of course! And what says winter comfort food best? Soup! Specifically, my Mama's Taco Soup.


Pop it in the crock pot before work or during lunch time and you have a super easy evening meal. To make it extra filling, pair with your favorite cornbread and you are set. Also, make sure to have festive Christmas music playing in the background as you enjoy your delicious dinner together!


During dinner, add an "activity". Something sweet and meaningful, something aimed towards the season like...


Take turns swapping answers with one another, some you may already know and some may teach you something new about your significant other. This is a fun and sentimental way to get more into the Christmas spirit...together! {Roberto and I had a ton of fun answering these questions, it led to some great conversation!}

After you have finished dinner, continue your Q&A while you enjoy dessert! And this has to be festive, like these super cute Reindeer Cupcakes.



Make the cupcakes and frosting earlier in the afternoon {or make it even easier with boxed cupcakes and pre-made frosting from the store}. Then after dinner all you have to do is enjoy each others company and decorate your cupcakes. It is something a little different than sugar cookies and a great way to be a kid again!



{Extra: After decorating, if you still have some energy and time, this is a great time to write a sweet note to one another. Write a sweet note to your love and stick it in their stocking- to be opened on Christmas morning!}


Once you are finished decorating/letter writing {leave the dishes in the sink for tomorrow- this is date night}, go cuddle up on the couch {maybe even by the light of the tree} and play one of your favorite Christmas movies {we decided on It's a Wonderful Life}. Cuddle, relax, enjoy your cupcake, movie and just being with one another!

{make sure to take a selfie, of course!}

This was one of our favorite date nights yet. Was it totally cheesy? Absolutely. But sometimes those are the best kind. It was so wonderful to put the phones away, to be intentional and to just be together enjoying this beautiful season. It was so fun!

Merry {almost} Christmas, everyone! Hope this can be a fun {and easy} date night for you!


Holiday Linkup
SIGNATURE

22 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea! And I love how intentional it was. You made it different than "any other night" at home and it looks like it was a blast! Great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute date night idea! I love all the festive fun :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you two are the cutest!! This is the perfect at home date night! I definitely think I'll be using these ideas and putting one together for Eric and I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute night you guys had!! I'm stealing the Christmas Q&A to do with my husband- such a fun idea!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for date nights! They're my favorite... I especially love the 'leaving notes' idea. I love getting a sweet note. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet idea! Our Monday night was really similar actually! It feels so good to soak in all the holiday goodness without rushing through it and breaking the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh!!! I am totally stealing that Christmas Q&A! LOVE that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome Christmas date night! Can we just talk about how cute those reindeer cupcakes are?! Love them! And that chili looks amazing!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! So simple, yet such a special night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I love the Q&A idea!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah
    coffeeandglitter14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two are so dang cute! I'd have to hand cuff my husband to decorate cupcakes with me :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, you two are the cutest. What a fun little Q&A game, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are the cutest! I love how intentional you are about spending quality time together :) We watched A Wonderful Life on Sunday night - such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea!!! I think we'll be doing this over the weekend. We have a baby, but this is still so doable. Thanks for sharing your date night fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post made me soooo happy! Girl, I love, love, love this idea! It's just so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is perfection! Such a simple but amazing idea. I might just have to borrow it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sweet notes you put in each other's stockings! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those reindeer cupcakes are too cute!! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SUCH a cute idea. Definitely pinning that Christmas Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun date night! The chili looks so good and those cupcakes are beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!