11111

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Girl's Trip / London: The Main Sites

At the beginning of this month, I had the privilege to meet two of my best friends on the other side of Europe. Our girls trip started with 4 nights in London and ended with 4 nights in Paris. And it was wonderful. We were able to explore these 2 amazing cities and have plenty of girl time...a perfect trip in our book! 

Prepare yourself for way too may pictures and way too many details. But, this is like my journal and I want to be able to come here and remember each moment. Hopefully, it will help those of you too who might be planning a trip in the future as well!


Our first full day in London was packed full but in the absolute best way. We started our morning off with the hotel breakfast and then made our way down to Buckingham Palace for the Changing of the Guards. This was a really neat and crazy experience. There are people everywhere, and I mean everywhere. There is a lot of pushing and shoving going on...it is a little insane. Even though we only arrived 45 minutes beforehand we were able to get a decent spot and see parts of the ceremony. It is a very big ordeal as you can imagine and it was worth the time and crowds you have to endure. And Buckingham Palace? Well, it is just beautiful.


Meet my travel buddies and incredible friends, the beautiful Lauren and Holli...



Afterwards we made our way to Big Ben, the House of Parliament and Westminster Abbey (my fav!). It is so nice that these are all right next each other and it is such a beautiful area! Before our first stop, we of course had to take a picture in the traditional phone booth....


And the whole time I couldn't get the Parent Trap out of my mind, well really the whole trip. Anyone else?? I associate that movie with London and since I was a little girl have dreamed of visiting. So to actually be here...it was a pinch me moment, for sure.


After admiring Big Ben, we then made our way into Westminster and oh my goodness it was spectacular! So, so beautiful and intricate. We did a little audio guide tour through the Abbey and really learned a lot. One of my favorites was walking where Kate walked when she married Will! I know I should say the history and beauty was my favorite part (and it was incredible) but I would be lying if I said seeing where Kate and Will got married was not pretty darn cool.




Once we finished admiring Westminster...we made our way to lunch. We went to a pub (you have to eat pub food in London!) recommended by a friend and had amazing "pies" (think savory deliciousness) and mash. It was so good and just what we needed after a long morning of site seeing!


The rest of our afternoon was spent walking around incredible neighborhoods like Soho, Covent Garden and Piccadilly Circus. And we happened to stumble onto Oxford Street which is so fun and filled with the best shops.




It was New Years Eve so that night we made our way to a pub and then club to ring in the New Year!


Thanks to a new friend, at the stroke of midnight we were out in the streets of London to watch the fireworks...they sure put on an amazing show.



Whew! Day 1 was a long one and definitely our most busy...but oh so good!

Along with the rest of our trip, later in the week I will be sharing my tips and tricks for London as well. Our favorite restaurants, neighborhoods, where we stayed and so on. So stay tuned!

Linking up with Bonnie.

SIGNATURE

9 comments:

  1. Looks like an OH SO AMAZING trip. I love all of your pictures, they are so gorgeous. And the token red telephone booth pictures are my favorite. So awesome you spent NYE in London and got to see fireworks!

    Can't wait for more recaps! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!! Dying to go back to London someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was so much fun. I love the phone booth photos you guys took--adorable!! Can't wait to see and read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this recap!! Sounds like the most amazing vacation - I am dying to visit London. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me even more excited to be there so soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like THE best time! London is a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guys are so cute! Really enjoyed reading this and seeing your pictures!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. London was gorgeous on New Years! You knew all of the best things to see and do! Great pictures girly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an incredible trip! And to spend it with some of your best friends? Amazing! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!